Westminster: Highlights and Hidden Places
Are you looking for a tour that takes in Westminster highlights but a bit more besides?
I can put together a tour where in addition to the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, Horseguards we could see:
all that remains from Whitehall Palace
- the site of Charles I’s execution and the clue as to the time of day it took place;
- the site of the Royal Aquarium where the Home Secretary was almost shot from a cannon;
- the Cromwellian spy whose name is given to the most famous street in the world;
- the statue said to descend from its plinth and stroll the streets once a year;
- the site of the royal cockpit which has seen ghostly activity;
- the one thing in the Palace of Westminster that no other tour guide can lay claim to;
- the story behind the pelicans in St James’s Park;
- Duck Island and the significance of Mr Chicken.